The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE) and is the best first step on the path of career advancement in ECE. This training covers the CDA 120 hours of training for professional early childhood education. This training includes 10 hours or more in each of the CDA's eight subject areas:
1. Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
2. Advancing children's physical and intellectual development
3. Supporting children's social and emotional development
4. Building productive relationships with families
5. Managing an effective program operation
6. Maintaining a commitment to professionalism
7. Observing and recording children's behavior
8. Understanding principles of child development and learning
How to earn your CDA:
What you need to apply...
• Complete your 120-Hour CDA Family Child Care Credential online with H&H Child Care Training.
• An official document certifying that you are a high school junior or senior currently enrolled in an early childhood education program or, a high school diploma or GED.
• 480 clock hours of experience working with children within three years of beginning your application
What's next: The CDA Application
Once you have completed your prerequisites the required coursework, purchase the $25 CDA Competency Standards Book from the Council for Professional Recognition (http://www.cdacouncil.org). This book will provide you with all of the steps required to prepare for the application process, including:
• Preparation of the Professional Portfolio – a collection of resources.
Reflective Statements of Competence – using, at key points, the resources you collected.
• Professional Philosophy Statement – a summary of your viewpoint; takes into account learning that occurred when preparing the Professional Portfolio.
• Family Questionnaires – to be distributed to the families of children in your care; the questionnaires highlight areas of strength as well as areas of growth.
After all requirements are met...
• Apply online using Your Council (https://yourcouncil.org/cfprssa/ssaauthmain.login_page) and pay the online assessment fee of $425, or submit a paper application provided in the Family Child Care edition of the CDA® Competency Standards book with the $500 assessment fee.
• As part of the application process, you will select a CDA Professional Development (PD) Specialist from the Council's online directory. This person will observe you working with young children as part of the process.
• Schedule Your CDA Exam
CDA Candidates who have applied to the Council for Professional Recognition and have received a Ready to Schedule Notice may schedule the CDA Exam. There are two ways a Candidate can schedule the CDA Exam. Testing times and locations are available on a “first-come, first-serve” basis.
To schedule the exam online, Candidates must first create a Pearson VUE web account. When creating your account, you will need the Candidate ID number from your Ready to Schedule Notice that you received from the Council.
To schedule your CDA Exam by phone, call 1-866-507-5627. You may schedule the CDA Exam anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST), Monday through Friday. Do not call the Council for Professional Recognition to schedule your CDA Exam.
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments. Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up. For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class please contact us at email@example.com. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other questions or feel free to contact us.