39 Included resources
2.4 CEUs 4.7/5
**This course is approved in only Maryland**
This certification course satisfies the 24 Hour Family Childcare Pre-Service training. Gain a broad overview of major concepts, theories and research related to the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of the child from birth through age 12. This course covers 4 hours in each of the following domains, community, child development, special needs, curriculum, professionalism, and health safety and nutrition, required to meet MSDE Family Childcare training module outcomes. You must successfully complete all course requirements to receive a certificate. Aligns with MD Staff Credential levels 2-4. Students will earn 24 clock hours of approved training: for initial registration for home daycare. Students will receive 24 clock hours of approved MSDE training that includes 4 clock hours in each of the six core of knowledge competencies.
Method of delivery: Class is 100% online with has no classroom meetings. Students are required to self-pace which begins at time of registration.
NOTE: If you have been issued a voucher from MSDE for this course it MUST be completed 2 weeks before the expiration date that is on your voucher. Please check your voucher for this date.
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Learning Assessment Method:
- Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Learning Methodology:
- Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
- Logistics/Required Technology:
- A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
- No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.
- Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
- Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at email@example.com. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.