ChildCareEd is a Develop Approved Training Sponsor Organization (TSO). ChildCareEd courses are listed on the Develop system after being reviewed and approved by Achieve MNCPD. ChildCareEd is an IACET accredited organization that provides CEUs for all of our online self-paced training courses. Additionally, ChildCareEd as been awarded Training Organization Recognition (TOR) status by the National Workforce Registry Alliance.
Education and training requirements for Child Care Center Directors and Staff
Director Education Requirements:
- 90 hours in staff supervision, human relations, and child development.
Teacher Education Requirements:
Assistant Teacher Education Requirements:
- Varies between 20-40 hours annually
Education and training requirements for Family Child Care Providers
- Supervising for Safety 6 hours
- Child growth and development and behavior guidance 4 hours
- First aid & CPR
- Child passenger restraint training 3 hours
- Sudden unexpected infant death & abusive head trauma 2 hours
Family Child Care Education Requirements:
- thirty hours of child care, health, and nutrition training OR
- thirty hours of child development or early childhood education training
Thinking about opening a child care facility in Minnesota? For those of you interested in starting a day care or home-based child care facility in Minnesota, please contact your state licensing using the contact information below. The licensing agency can give you advice on the requirements, rules and regulations of your state.
Administrators! Are you looking to purchase hours for your staff? ChildCareEd offers the Group Admin Program and Subscription Services, which make it easy and affordable to make group purchases.
Group Admin Program
The Group Admin Program allows you to purchase clock hours at a flat price and then assign classes to staff members. This gives you control over your budget and training plan. Purchase hours for staff to ensure they complete their training requirements.
Use our Group Admin Feature and receive the following benefits:
- Record-keeping tools to manage continuing education requirements
- Group Administrators can see their staff's progress in assigned courses as well as test scores
- Purchase bulk hours with discounted Subscription Services
- Refunded hours if staff leave and do not finish courses
- Add or remove staff as needed
- Assign training to individuals or the entire team
- Print administrator copies of certificates
With Subscription Services, you can purchase training hours at a low one-time cost. There are three tiers to choose from, depending on your needs:
- Basic: Unlimited online training
- CDA Plus: Unlimited online training plus all CDA online training courses
- Instructor-Led: Unlimited online training, plus all CDA online training courses, and one Virtual Class each month led by a trained Educational Specialist
To view the course selection available for each of our subscription services, please click on View Courses List under each here: https://www.childcareed.com/subscriptions.html.
Courses & Classes related to Minnesota