35 Included resources
1.8 CEUs 4.6/5
Family child care providers are required to take a minimum of 18 clock hours in order to continue their program. These clock hours
must include mixed-age instruction. In this 18-hour online child care course, learners will be able to:
● Identify stages and milestones of development for ages 1 to 5;
● Describe the stages of emotional development in young children;
● Define basic skills children should have when they begin kindergarten;
● Demonstrate an understanding of how positive guidance promotes sound social and emotional development;
● Demonstrate the benefits of mixed-age grouping in #early-childhood-education;
● Demonstrate understanding of the research done on mixed-age group instruction;
● Explain the challenges behind mixed-age group instruction and strategies to overcome them;
● Identify tips and strategies for successful mixed-age group instruction;
● Give examples of activities considered appropriate for mixed-age groups;
● Identify different types of barriers for mixed ages with disabilities and ways to adapt curriculum to fit their needs;
● Describe the importance of monitoring the family child care environment for potential risks;
● Demonstrate an understanding of how chronic illness can affect child development for mixed ages;
● Define healthy practices to mitigate the spread of germs and decrease the likelihood of SIDS in infants and #toddlers;
● Identify types of abuse in infants and toddlers, how to report, and who are mandated reporters;
● Recognize the needs of individualized learning in family child care;
● Demonstrate understanding of an IEP and removing barriers;
● Demonstrate an understanding of how to implement an Individual Family Support Plan;
● Identify resources for referral and specialized services;
● Define the meaning of professionalism in child care;
● Recognize the importance of a positive and respectful attitude in working with all children and their families;
● Recognize strategies for effective conferences with families;
● Identify the components of positive relationships with children, co-workers and families;
● Give examples of tools that record and communicate critical information to other staff and families;
● Demonstrate an understanding of how to be open to new perspectives and diverse others;
● Demonstrate an understanding of diverse perspectives, and navigate the ambiguity and complexity that comes with that;
● Demonstrate communication skills that enable intercultural communication, including effective listening skills;
● Identify ways to interact respectfully and appropriately in a variety of cultural contexts; and
● Recognize the importance of problem solving and conflict resolution strategies with community members and families.
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Learning Assessment Method:
- Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Learning Methodology:
- Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
- Logistics/Required Technology:
- A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
- No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.
- Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
- Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.