Designed for Administrators and Primary Caregivers of a licensed child-care home who hold a current Child-Care Center Director's Certificate issued by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. This course fulfills the training requirements to renew a Texas Director Credential.
How do I renew my Director Credential?
In order to renew your credential you must upload the following pre-requisite documentation to the ChildCareEd website:
- Completed Renewal Application submitted at least 90 days prior to your current credential expiration date.
- Copy of your current Child-Care Center Director's Certificate
- Documentation that you have worked at least 4800 hours in a licensed child care facility performing administrative duties (letter on official letterhead from a supervisor will fulfill this requirement)
- Copy of a current CPR & First Aid certification
- Copy of the most recent licensing inspection for your child care facility.
(IF YOU DO NOT have any piece of the above required documentation you may still attend our course but, the state will have to give you a waiver for the parts you are missing to be a licensed director. Please submit your waiver in place of any missing documentation.)
In addition to this documentation, renewal requires the completion of ChildCareEd’s 15-hour Texas Director Credential Renewal training course.
The Texas Director's Credential with ChildCareEd is an approved day-care administrator’s credential issued by a professional organization and approved by Licensing. Once completed, you will receive a certificate as proof you have completed the training program and is valid for two years.
Topics covered in this course:
- Professionalism and Ethics 2 hours
- Health, Safety and Nutrition 3 hours
- Supporting Skill Development 5 hours
- Child Growth and Development 5 hours
- Responsive Interactions and Guidance 5 hours
- Learning Environment, Planning Framework, Curriculum and Standards 5 hours
- Establishing and Maintaining an Effective Organization 2 hours
- Business and Operations Management 1 hour
- Human Resource Leadership and Development 2 hours