ChildCareEd is an Approved PQAS Organization with the Pennsylvania Key PD Registry. ChildCareEd's online courses offer approved hours for Pennsylvania’s Keystone STARS and Child Care Certification for those working in child care centers, group child care homes, and family child care homes. This includes directors, group supervisors, assistant group supervisors, primary staff persons, secondary staff person operators, caregivers, and aides.
Directors, group supervisors, assistant group supervisors, and family child care home providers are all required to complete some college coursework in order to be considered qualified for their position.
A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential is equivalent to 9 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or child development and 1 year of experience with children.
Annual Training Requirements:
Minimum of 12 clock hours of child care training.
Pennsylvania Key PD Registry:
ChildCareEd approved courses can be found on the Pennsylvania Key PD Registry. Users may purchase approved courses through the ChildCareEd website. For Registry credit, please add your Registry ID number to your ChildCareEd account. Attendance data will be uploaded weekly to the Registry. Please allow a minimum of 5 business days for your completed course to appear on your Registry account.
Interested in opening a child care in Pennsylvania? Contact the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL)
Administrators! Are you looking to purchase hours for your staff? ChildCareEd offers the Group Admin Program and Subscription Services, which make it easy and affordable to make group purchases.
Group Admin Program
The Group Admin Program allows you to purchase clock hours at a flat price and then assign classes to staff members. This gives you control over your budget and training plan. Purchase hours for staff to ensure they complete their training requirements.
Use our Group Admin Feature and receive the following benefits:
- Record-keeping tools to manage continuing education requirements
- Group Administrators can see their staff's progress in assigned courses as well as test scores
- Purchase bulk hours with discounted Subscription Services
- Refunded hours if staff leave and do not finish courses
- Add or remove staff as needed
- Assign training to individuals or the entire team
- Print administrator copies of certificates
With Subscription Services, you can purchase training hours at a low one-time cost. There are three tiers to choose from, depending on your needs:
- Basic: Unlimited online training
- Plus: Unlimited online training plus online CDA training courses
- Instructor-Led: Unlimited online training, plus all CDA online training courses, and one Virtual Class each month led by a trained Educational Specialist
To view the course selection available for each of our subscription services, please click on View Courses List under each here: https://www.childcareed.com/subscriptions.html.
Courses & Classes related to Pennsylvania