24-hour Texas Pre-service Training
Complete your preservice training with one course! ChildCareEd has put together the 24-Hour Texas Pre-Service to fulfill all of your preservice requirements.
This online self-paced course provides 24 clock hours of pre-service training as required by Rule §746.1305 of the Texas Administrative Code regarding, “What must be covered in pre-service training for caregivers?" and is approved/registered with the Texas Early Childhood Professional Development System (TECPDS), Training ID 21640.
This course also includes the requirements necessary, as part of Rule §746.1305, to provide care for children of all ages, including those younger than 24 months of age.
Texas Core Competency areas covered in this course include:
- Area 1:Child Growth and Development 5 hours
- Area 2:Responsive Interactions and Guidance 4 hours
- Area 3:Learning Environments, Planning Framework, Curriculum, and Standards 4 hours
- Area 4:Supporting Skill Development 4 hours
- Area 6:Diversity and Dual Language Learners 2 hours
- Area 8:Health, Safety, and Nutrition 5 hours