Allergies from food and other allergens are a growing problem in young children attending child care programs everywhere. This child care course is intended for early childhood education professionals who already have their 6-Hour Medication Administration training (MAT) as a great refresher course. This course also contributes to continuation education credits in Health, Safety, and Nutrition (HSN). Directors can advertise that their center has staff up-to-date training in dealing with allergies in young children.
The target audience:
Individuals 18 years and older from child care centers, family child care, large family child care, Head Start Programs, and Letters of Compliance (LOC).
This training may qualify the child care facility to receive EXCELs level and incentives.
Upon the successful completion of the training, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate proficiency in knowledge and skills to ensure an asthma-and allergy-safe child care environment; and
• Identify and manage asthma and allergy emergencies per the child's treatment/action plan.
This is an IN-PERSON Training. ALL Students MUST Wear a Face Mask in class. IF you do not have one you will be required to purchased one for $3 CASH ONLY Paid to TRAINER.
In accordance with CDC Guidelines, You must answer No to All of the following Questions to attend an H&H Training. You will NOT be admitted to class if you answer YES. Please contact the office immediately if you do at 240-261-4163. In addition, you MUST agree to an onsite CONTACTLESS temperature check upon arrival. If you have a temperature of 100.4 or higher you WILL NOT be admitted into class and will be required to contact the office to reschedule another training.
1. Have you had a temperature of 100.4F or above in the last 72-hours? Yes No
2. Are you experiencing a cough? Yes or No
3. Are you experiencing shortness of breath? Yes or No
4. Are you experiencing a sore throat? Yes or No
5. Are you experiencing other symptoms such as body aches, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste, smell or appetite? Yes or No
6. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or think you may have had COVID19 within the Last 14-days? Yes or No
7. Have you been in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 or think they may have COVID-19 within the last 14-days? Yes or No
8. Have you traveled more than 300-miles from your home within the last 14-days? Yes or No
There is a minimum enrollment of 5 students in order for this class to proceed. All classes are non-refundable.