Great news Maryland! CDA Training Initiative has been extended!! If you are interested and eligible because you work in a licensed child care facility or #home- #daycare in Maryland, then please take two minutes to apply today!
How to apply:
- Find your center or home daycare license number
- Find or create your CDA Council ID number. If you do not already have an account with the CDA Council you can create one by filling out this form. They will send you an email with your new CDA Council ID Number.
- Complete the application form
In the final question on the application form, you want to select "Approved Training Bundle"
This is how you will be approved for training. They will automatically send you the CDA Book Bundle voucher so you do not need to apply for that. The New or Renewal CDA Application Fee can be applied for at a later date.
You can watch a step-by-step video that explains the whole process here: How to participate in Maryland’s CDA Training Initiative
What happens next?
It will take about 10 days for your application to be reviewed by both the CDA Council and Maryland Family Network. Once you have been conditionally approved, you will receive an email from the CDA Council with the subject line " CDA Completion Agreement & Training Bundle Selection Form ". This form should only take about a minute to complete.
The two most important elements are:
- Select your training provider:
As you can see, ChildCareEd (H&H) is 4th in the drop-down #menu.
- Select your ECE Setting. It is important that you make sure to choose the setting that you work in (the setting where you will be observed by the PD Specialist) and where you will have all your training hours to qualify for the credential.
Once you complete the form, it is generally a pretty quick turnaround before your selected training organization gives you access to training.
Double-check that you have been given the right training:
- 120-Hour Initial Training Bundle if you have NOT completed the Maryland 90-hour training. You will be given up to 6 months to complete the self-paced online course. (The deadline to apply for the CDA Application Fee voucher is May and you need to use it by June).
- 30-Hour Bridge Training Bundle if you HAVE completed the Maryland 90-hour training. You have 2 months to complete the course.
- 45-Hour CDA Renewal Training if you already have your CDA credential but it expires soon. You will have up to 3 months to complete the course.
As an extra incentive for completing your training on time, ChildCareEd is holding monthly draws for a gift card to Hand & Stone Massage & Facial Spa - a nice reward for your hard work!
To make your CDA journey easier and more fruitful, ChildCareEd has created the CDA Club - Peers & PD Specialists, a public Facebook group where you can connect with like-minded individuals, access valuable resources, and stay informed about the latest updates. Pursuing your CDA with ChildCareEd is a remarkable step in your career. By staying organized, seeking support when needed, and actively engaging with the resources provided, you can confidently move toward your goal. The journey may have its challenges, but with dedication and perseverance, you will complete your CDA and make a positive impact on the lives of the children you will nurture and educate.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out! Otherwise, if you are eligible and interested in taking advantage of this incredible opportunity, APPLY TODAY before they stop accepting applications in January!