Educators are not the sole source of education for young children, family, and community play an important role in children’s growth and development. When providers understand the connections between family, community, and early childhood programs, they are better equipped to support children through this wide lens. Through positive relationships with families and support from the community, early childhood programs can help to create a nurturing environment for the children in their care.
H&H Child Care Training Center understands this unique dynamic and is offering the online training course, Community and Family Engagement in Childcare. This 3-hour training covers families and communities in relation to the early childhood education setting. In this online child care course, students will demonstrate an understanding of:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of parent/caregiver relationship
- Identify the role of family in society
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value and importance of complex characteristics of children’s families and communities
- Describe ways child care professionals can display leadership with families and the community.
- Identify parenting styles and the influence those styles have on child development
This is only one of many online training courses H&H offers to providers in the area of health and safety. Check out our website at www.childcareed.com to view our full list of courses. Check back often as new courses are added each week.