It takes a split second for a child to be hurt: it is up to the child care provider to respond appropriately to injuries and other emergencies. This 3-hour training covers regulations of and responses to emergency situations. In this online child care course, students will:
1. Describe the components of a safe and healthy environment for a family/home daycare;
2. Identify regulations as it pertains to environment, health and safety;
3. Identify Office of Child Care Regulations that monitors the environment for children, staff, and families;
4. Demonstrate understanding of classroom capacity, staff-to-student ratio, and regulations for outdoor play space;
5. Demonstrate understanding of the steps and procedures of reporting and responding to emergency situations in a family/home daycare; and
6. Identify how to respond to accidents and emergencies in a family child care program.
This is an online class that includes online assessments. Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up. To successfully complete this online training, you need a computer with internet connection running Google Chrome web browser. You will also need speakers or headphones to hear the videos and speech accompanied with the content. For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other questions or feel free to contact us.