Educators must take children’s different learning styles into account when planning curriculum. This 3-hour training covers student learning and selecting curriculum. In this online child care course, students will:
1. Give examples of how learning occurs in children and the role of play in learning;
2. Distinguish behaviors that indicate that learning has occurred;
3. Demonstrate understanding of the components of a curriculum;
4. Identify strategies for selecting curriculum;
5. Identify information on state-approved curricula and the Maryland Preschool Curriculum; and
6. Describe a sample observation of teaching staff and children to determine curriculum effectiveness.
This is an online class that includes online assessments. Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up. To successfully complete this online training, you need a computer with internet connection running Google Chrome web browser. You will also need speakers or headphones to hear the videos and speech accompanied with the content. For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other questions or feel free to contact us.