H&H Child Care Training Center is here to help you complete your annual professional development training hours and to obtain your CDA Credential.
All H&H courses are accepted by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC) towards the yearly professional development requirements for educators, licensees, certified assistants, regular assistants, volunteers, assistant teachers, lead teachers directors, assistant leaders, group leaders and volunteers in a small group and school age child care, large group and school age child care, family child care and child care centers.
Courses that grant 5 clock hours or more may be used to meet QRIS requirements.
H&H offers coursework in all 8 Massachusetts Core Competency areas:
- Area 1 Understanding the Growth and Core Development of Children and
- Area 2 Guiding and Interacting with Children and Youth
- Area 3 Partnering with Families and Communities
- Area 4 Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- Area 5 Learning Environments and Implementing Curriculum
- Area 6 Observation, Assessment, and Documentation
- Area 7 Program Planning and Development
- Area 8 Professionalism and Leadership
If you want to work in a Group or School Age Child Care program licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, as either a Teacher, Lead Teacher, or Director, you need a Professional Qualification Certification from EEC. The CDA Credential can fulfill most if not all of the requirements for the Professional Qualification Certification.
What are the benefits of having a CDA Credential in Massachusetts?
- Having a CDA (plus additional college credits and experience) qualifies you to work as a Director I or Director II in a childcare center.
- Having a CDA (plus additional experience) qualifies you to work as a lead teacher for infants and toddlers or preschoolers in a childcare center.
- Having a CDA qualifies you to work as a teacher in a childcare center.
H&H offers the CDA in Preschool, Infant/Toddler, and Family Child Care completely online. We also have an approved CDA Council Professional Development Specialist on staff! H&H is your one stop shop for the CDA.