Considering advancing your Oregon Registry Step position? Earning the CDA Credential can bump you all the way to Step 7!
The Oregon Registry Steps are a sequence of twelve steps based on training and education in the childhood care and education field. Registry Steps:
- Promote the childhood care and education profession while recognizing you as a professional.
- Recognize your training and education related to childhood care and education.
- Provide a pathway for your future professional development.
- Open doors to money related your Registry Step (Enhanced Rate & Scholarships).
- Connect you to others who care about children and families.
Each step represents training and education in Oregon’s Core Knowledge Categories.
These categories are:
- Families and Community Systems
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- Human Growth and Development
- Learning Environment and Curriculum
- Observation and Assessment
- Personal, Professional, and Leadership Development
- Program Management
- Special Needs
- Understanding and Guiding Behavior
The Child Development Associate® (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE), and it is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement in ECE. The CDA® is based on a core set of competency standards that guide early childhood professionals toward becoming qualified educators of young children. Coursework for the CDA requires the completion of 120 hours of formal early childhood education training, covering the growth and development of children ages birth to 36 months.
Earn your CDA Credential today with H&H Child Care Training Center. H&H offers the CDA in preschool and infant/toddler. In addition, H&H is now offering the CDA renewal for both preschool and infant/toddler. Let H&H help you achieve your goals and advance in your career.