A. Course Description:
0.3 CEUs 5/5
Every high-quality child care program has a central element: the teachers and staff who teach children. Administrators,
B. Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
owners, and providers have a responsibility of finding and building a team of highly-qualified staff who are passionate
about children’s learning through mentorship and consistent communication. In this 3-hour online child care course,
learners will be able to explain ethical practices towards staff, interviewing processes of potential teachers, the
components of an effective teacher-mentor program, how to communicate with staff, and the types of risk management
in child care.
By the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
C. Learning Methodology:
- Identify different types of risk management common in child care.
- Give examples of ways to apply and model ethical behavior and professional integrity with staff and administrators.
- Give examples of tools that record and communicate critical information to other staff and families.
- Identify effective strategies for interviewing potential new staff.
- Identify the key elements of an effective staff mentor program.
Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.
E. Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
F. Logistics/Required Technology:
A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome
on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
G. Learning Assessment Method:
Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- H. Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- I. Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
- J. Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
K. Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.