Designing a classroom space is more than just aesthetics. If well designed, the classroom can become a tool for learning and discovery. Providers working in all child care settings with infants and toddlers will benefit from learning and understanding how spaces can be utilized to facilitate instruction. In this 3 hour on-line training course participants will:
Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
Identify the requirements of an appropriate environment that will promote free exploration and manipulation.
Demonstrate an understanding of creating a successful block center.
Identify strategies to increase scientific inquiry in the infant and toddler classroom.
Identify the different learning concepts related to block play.
By the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Identify strategies to increase scientific inquiry in the infant and toddler classroom
- Identify the requirements of an appropriate environment that will promote free exploration and manipulation
- 2. Demonstrate an understanding of creating a successful block center by identifying the various types of blocks, describing an effective block center setup, and recognizing the various stages of block play.
- Identify the different learning concepts related to block play.
Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.
Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome
on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
Learning Assessment Method:
Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.