This training is 16 hours of formal early childhood education training, covering the different aspects in implementing an effective program in child care. In this training, students will cover the following topics:
Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
1. Daily schedules and routines
2. Classroom management
3. Strategies to prevent biting and hitting in the classroom
4. Supervision of young children
5. Transitions in the program and in the classroom
6. School readiness
By the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Identify procedures that will promote a safe environment (indoor and outdoor)
- Identify strategies to ensure appropriate infant and toddler supervision
- Demonstrate understanding of the content and implications of OCC environment regulations and supervision requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of how to develop appropriate daily schedules that promote routines
- Identify the components of: 1. Greeting and Departure 2. Feeding 3. Diapering and Toileting 4. Dressing 5. Sleeping
- Demonstrate understanding of strategies in responding to typical child care situations: Classroom Management
- Demonstrate understanding of strategies in responding to typical child care situations: biting, hitting, etc.
- Define what transition times are and when they occur during the day in the classroom.
- Demonstrate understanding that transition times are teaching opportunities and can be useful in classroom management.
- Identify criteria that should be considered when choosing appropriate transition activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding how to effectively use transitions for various age groups and for different parts of the school day.
- Define what transition times are and when they occur during the day in the classroom
- Demonstrate understanding that transition times are teaching opportunities and can be useful in classroom management
- Identify criteria that should be considered when choosing appropriate transition activities
- Demonstrate understanding how to effectively use transitions for various age groups and for different parts of the school day
- Demonstrate understanding how to effectively transition children between programs
- Give example of a transition plan for children entering, moving within, and leaving the program
- Describe the content of the Maryland Model for School Readiness
- Describe the content of the Maryland Preschool Curriculum
- Describe the content of the State approved curriculums
Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.
Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome
on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
Learning Assessment Method:
Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at email@example.com. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.