ChildCareEd courses are approved by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and can be used towards meeting on-going training for those who work in childcare programs and family child care homes. This includes staff, facility directors, administrators, lead teachers, teachers, teacher aides, caregivers, operators, substitutes, and volunteers.
Preservice training requirements for all providers:
- 20 clock hours of training
- Health and Safety training:
Lead Teacher training requirements:
- North Carolina Early Childhood Credential (NCECC) or its equivalent. Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is an approved equivalent for the North Carolina Early Childhood Credential.
Director training requirements:
Family Child Care Provider training requirements:
- North Carolina Family Child Care Credential or its equivalent. Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is an approved equivalent for the North Carolina Family Child Care Credential.
Annual training requirements:
- Range from 5-20 hours based on the highest level of education.
*Please contact your local Child Care Licensing office to confirm these courses meet all necessary requirements as standards are subject to change.*
Administrators! Are you looking to purchase hours for your staff? ChildCareEd offers the Group Admin Program and Subscription Services, which make it easy and affordable to make group purchases.
Group Admin Program
The Group Admin Program allows you to purchase clock hours at a flat price and then assign classes to staff members. This gives you control over your budget and training plan. Purchase hours for staff to ensure they complete their training requirements.
Use our Group Admin Feature and receive the following benefits:
- Record-keeping tools to manage continuing education requirements
- Group Administrators can see their staff's progress in assigned courses as well as test scores
- Purchase bulk hours with discounted Subscription Services
- Refunded hours if staff leave and do not finish courses
- Add or remove staff as needed
- Assign training to individuals or the entire team
- Print administrator copies of certificates
With Subscription Services, you can purchase training hours at a low one-time cost. There are three tiers to choose from, depending on your needs:
- Basic: Unlimited online training
- Plus: Unlimited online training plus online CDA training courses
- Instructor-Led: Unlimited online training, plus all CDA online training courses, and one Virtual Class each month led by a trained Educational Specialist
To view the course selection available for each of our subscription services, please click on View Courses List under each here: https://www.childcareed.com/subscriptions.html.
Courses & Classes related to North Carolina