Child Development Associate (CDA) Fund
Maryland Family Network, the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), and the Council for Professional Recognition are partnering to provide thousands of Maryland's #early-childhood-educators with financial support to help them earn a FREE CDA! Get ready to learn about the CDA grant!
Who is eligible?
- Registered family childcare providers
- Licensed child care center staff
Grant money will cover:
- 120-hour CDA Credential
- 45-hour CDA Renewal
- 30-hour Bridge Bundle (only for Maryland providers who have their 90-hour Certification)
- CDA Professional Portfolio review/collaboration with one of our CDA PD Specialists.
- Application fee
- CDA Textbook Bundle
How can I get my CDA for #free?
Create an account in the CDA application system (yourcouncil.org). When your account has been set up, the system will generate a customer ID number, then complete the CDA Funding Application Form.
Complete your 120 hours of CDA coursework with ChildCareEd!
What are the CDA requirements?
- Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or enrolled as a junior or senior in a high school CTE program.
- Complete 120 hours of online training covering the eight CDA Subject Areas with ChildCareEd.
- Work 480 hours with children whose ages are specific to the setting for which you are applying for your Credential.
- Prepare your CDA Professional Portfolio.
- Apply online for your CDA Credential using the YourCouncil online application system.
- Schedule your CDA Verification Visit.
- Schedule your CDA Exam.