The Maryland State Department of Education, Division of Early Childhood will provide funding to support child care providers with obtaining their Child Development Associate® (CDA)Credential™ from the Council for Professional Recognition.
Who is eligible?
- Registered family child care providers
- Licensed child care center staff
What are the CDA® requirements?
- Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or enrolled as a junior or senior in a high school CTE program.
- Complete 120 hours of professional early childhood education (setting specific).
- Obtain 480 hours of work experience (setting specific).
- Prepare a CDA professional portfolio with all required documentation.
For more information about the CDA process, please visit: https://www.cdacouncil.org or contact the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the fund cover?
- CDA training
- $425 initial online application fee
- $125 renewal online application fee
- CDA Textbook Bundle
How do I apply for funding?
Gather the following information:
- CDA Council ID Number. If you do not currently have an account with the CDA Council you will need to visit https://yourcouncil.org/ and create an account. Once you have completed this part of the process, you will receive an email that contains your CDA Council ID Number.
- Center or Home Daycare License Number
- Complete the application form.