Plan and direct operations of an assigned classroom to ensure Celebree mission, vision, and values are upheld, and children are provided with a developmentally age-appropriate learning environment.
Provide support and direction to the teacher assistant.
• Manages classroom ensuring compliance with all MSDE-OCC regulations, company standards, policies, and procedures.
• Provides a welcoming and friendly classroom environment for all children, parents, and visitors.
• Maintains attractive and current classroom/hallway displays and an educational and informative Parent Board that is updated regularly.
• Creates and implements thorough, timely lesson plans that are age appropriate and stimulating in accordance with weekly themes and Celebree’s curriculum; manages effective classroom transitions.
• Assists and supervises children during all activities; counsels children as needed using positive and appropriate discipline techniques.
• Ensures that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of the classroom are appropriately maintained.
• Accurately completes all classroom paperwork, e.g., Sunshine Reports, accident reports, and attendance records.
• Attends all team meetings, trainings, and school events as requested; limits unscheduled absences.
• Provides support and direction to the assistant teacher to ensure the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
• Presents a positive and professional image at all times adhering to uniform requirements.
• Communicates effectively with parents, e.g., greeting by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive
feedback, and providing regular updates on their child’s development and classroom happenings.
• Maintains open and effective communication with the director.
• Identifies opportunities and/or problems in the classroom and school and works with the assistant teacher and/or school director to resolve them.
• Maintains certification requirements (three Continuing Education Credits per year).
• Maintains confidentiality regarding families, co-workers, and self.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
This position requires comprehensive knowledge and understanding of behavioral and developmental stages of children and knowledge of MSDE-OCC licensing requirements; ability to manage a classroom including strong organizational, communication (verbal and written), and problem-solving skills; patience, flexibility. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The job requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting and carrying; ability to lift 50 pounds.
90 clock hrs in Child Development and Curriculum Planning plus 45 clock hrs of Infant/Toddler Training OR 90 clock hrs Infant/Toddler Child Development and Curriculum. AA degree (or college credit equivalent) in Early Childhood Education or higher is preferred. Additionally, 9 clock hrs of training in communicating with staff, parents, and the public is also required if the candidate has had no college coursework at all.
MD state credential Level 5