According to the Harvard Center on the Developing Child: Strong relationships between parents and providers impact all aspects of the early education and care experience and play a critical role in empowering children to succeed. Healthy childhood development depends on the quality and reliability of the children's relationships with the important adults in their lives. In this 2-hour online course, students will develop an understanding of the importance of effective communication and the value of parent-provider relationships. In addition, students will identify ways to establish professional relationships with co-workers and families. This training earns .2CEU's in Professionalism Objectives / Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Students will be able to compare different listening and responsive techniques
- Students will be able to explain conversational intent, and inviting consent
- Students will be able to distinguish ways to translate complaints and criticisms into requests
- Students will demonstrate ways to ask open-ended and creative questions
- Understand the importance of expressing appreciation
Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of at least 50 questions at the end of the training.
Learners will need to complete the test with a minimum of 80% correctly answered questions. Upon successful completion of
the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Core of Knowledge Awarded:
- To be awarded the core of knowledge hours, learners must pay in full for the class, view all material, pass all review questions, and final test.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
Please read carefully:
This is an online class that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
To successfully complete this online training, you need a computer with internet connection running Google Chrome
web browser. You will also need speakers or headphones to hear the videos and speech accompanied with the content.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.