This course satisfies the following area(s) of the #CDA:
Subject Area 6: Maintaining a Commitment to Professionalism
Coaches and mentors do more than offer strategies and work with child care professionals on how they can improve as #educators: they also evaluate and provide constructive feedback to their clients in order for them to self-reflect and have an opportunity to approach a problem using different methods. Coaches and mentors also need to adhere to certain criteria to ensure that their approach is effective. In this 2-hour online child care course, learners will be able to: ● Explain various methods of providing performance feedback in coaching or in a mentorship; ● Explain the value of self-evaluation and reflection; ● Identify the criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of coaching and mentoring programs; and ● Describe ways that coaches and mentors can observe and assess coachees and mentees.
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Learning Assessment Method:
- Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Learning Methodology:
- Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
- Logistics/Required Technology:
- A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
- Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
- Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.
No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.