This course is 10 hours of the CDA Subject Area 7: Observing and recording children’s behavior. Child care professionals
must consistently observe and assess children in order to better individualize instruction for each child. They must also
understand inclusionary practices to address all different kinds of needs children bring with them. In this 10-hour online
child care course, learners will be able to demonstrate understanding of the following:
● methods of assessments for mixed ages;
● informal and formal assessments to plan activities, individualize programs, and improve program quality;
● using assessment and observations for short and long-term goal development for ages four and above;
● observational techniques to track skill development and individual need;
● translating assessment and observational information into short and long-term goal development;
● observational techniques that result in accurate and objective observation;
● the ADA, an IFSP, and IEP and removing respective barriers;
● how to implement an Individual Family Support Plan;
● resources and the referral process for preschoolers with a suspected/diagnosed disability;
● inclusionary practices and the benefits of individualized learning;
● different types of barriers for mixed ages with disabilities and ways to adapt the curriculum to fit their needs; and
● how environment and equipment modifications support individual needs.
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Learning Assessment Method:
- Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Learning Methodology:
- Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
- Logistics/Required Technology:
- A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
- Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
- Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at email@example.com. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.
No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.