The Child Development Associate Certification is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education, and it is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement. The CDA is based on a core set of competency standards that guide early childhood professionals toward becoming qualified educators of young children. The Council for Professional Recognition works to ensure that the nationally transferable CDA is a credible and valid credential, recognized by the profession as a vital part of professional development.
Those who have earned their Child Development Associate Certification know how to nurture the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social development of children.
Earning the CDA has many advantages, including:
- Advance your career
- Meet job requirements
- Reinforce your commitment to early childhood education
- Provide parents with peace of mind
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice
- Increase your confidence
Components of the Child Development Associate Certification.
- 120 clock hours of professional education covering the eight CDA Subject Areas
- 480 hours of experience working with young children
- Professional Portfolio
- Verification Visit: where the candidate will be observed working with children/families as a lead teacher in a specific age group.
- CDA Exam
Looking for more information about the Child Development Associate Certification? Register today for H&H Child Care Training Center’s CDA Introduction course.