What is a CDA?
The Child Development Associate® (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE), and it is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement in ECE. The CDA® is based on a core set of competency standards that guide early childhood professionals toward becoming qualified educators of young children.
The Council for Professional Recognition is a leader in the credentialing of early childhood educators worldwide. They ensure that candidates who earn the Child Development Associate® (CDA) credential are well prepared to foster the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth of young children. Having a CDA® doesn’t just help educators bring out the best in children. It also advances their careers and contributes to the status of our profession. CDA Council https://www.cdacouncil.org/
CDA in Childcare
Earning the CDA is a big commitment, but one that creates confident practitioners with a command of today’s best practices for teaching very young children. With a CDA childcare providers will:
- Advance your career
- Meet job requirements
- Reinforce your commitment to early childhood education
- Provide parents with peace of mind
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice
- Increase your confidence
Coursework for the CDA requires the completion of 120 hours of formal early childhood education training, covering the growth and development of children ages birth to 36 months, with no fewer than 10 training hours in each of the eight CDA® subject areas.
- Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
- Advancing children’s physical and intellectual development
- Supporting children’s social and emotional development
- Building productive relationships with families
- Managing an effective program operation
- Maintaining a commitment to professionalism
- Observing and recording children’s behavior
- Understanding principles of child development and learning
H&H Child Care Training Center knows the value of the CDA which is why we are a CDA vendor and sponsor for the CDA Council. H&H offers the CDA completely online. In addition, we have a CDA Professional Development Specialist on staff. Even if our Specialist is unable to travel to your location, H&H has relationships with Specialists all over the country and we are able to help you locate a Specialist in your area to complete your verification visit. H&H tries to make obtaining your CDA Credential as easy as possible.
Stand out from the crowd and become a leader in your work with young children. H&H is here to help you along the way.