**THIS IS A GEORGIA-SPECIFIC TRAINING**
This ten-hour self-paced training provides an overview of #health-and- #safety topics as well as the additional required learning for all Georgia childcare professionals. Per DECAL's new teacher requirements, this online course covers the following topics:
1. Identify strategies to support chronic health issues.
2. Identify disease prevention in child care environments.
3. Understand medication administration.
4. Understand appropriate methods of supervision at all times.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of SIDS and how to implement safe sleep practices.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of transportation safety.
7. Explain when to report child abuse.
8. Recognize neglect and emotional abuse.
9. Identify signs of sexual abuse in children and identify signs of physical abuse in children.
10. Demonstrate an understanding of how to prevent traumatic brain injuries in children and infants.
11. Identify the various types of emergencies child care programs can face.
12. Explain what to do in case of a fire, power outages, and other #emergency situations (natural or man-made).
13. Demonstrate an understanding of having an emergency plan and what needs to be included.
14. Distinguish appropriate indoor safety concerns and distinguish appropriate outdoor safety concerns.
15. Define developmental screenings and how it relates to child development.
H&H Child Care Training is approved by the Georgia PDS to provide the 10-Hour Basic Health and Safety under the organizational code of TR-ASO-76.
This course satisfies the following area(s) of the CDA:
Area 1: Planning a Safe and Healthy Learning Environment
- Criteria to earn CEUs:
- Certificates are awarded when the following criteria have been met by the learner:
- Class has been paid in full
- All material has been reviewed
- All review questions and final test have been completed with a passing score of 80% or higher.
- Learning Assessment Method:
- Learners will be assessed through questions after every section is completed. Learners will not be
allowed to proceed to the next section of the training until all questions have been answered correctly.
Learners will be presented with a final test composed of true/false and multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of the training, learners will receive their certificate by email.
- Learning Methodology:
- Online material will be presented in the form of slides,
accompanied with speech. Videos will be used to demonstrate ideas and concepts. Charts and tables
will be used for illustration.
- Logistics/Required Technology:
- A stable internet connection is required for the completion of this course. Users are highly encouraged to take their online course on Google Chrome on either a laptop or desktop computer. Speakers and/or headphones are also required to hear speech.
- Payment Policy:
- Payments need to be made in full. No refunds will be issued after starting the class.
- Proprietary or conflict of interest disclosure:
- Unless otherwise stated in the course description none of H & H subject matter experts and editor has any conflict or proprietary interests related to the material they prepared in this course.
- Support Services:
- Please visit our contact us page
Please read carefully:
You are purchasing a session of an online training that includes online assessments.
Your certificate will be emailed to you once you pass the final exam with a passing grade of 80%.
Your certificate will bear the name you provided to us when you signed up.
For support and questions regarding the material presented in this class
please contact us at email@example.com. Please consult our frequently asked questions page for other
questions or feel free to contact us.
No prerequisites are required for the completion of this course.