Scholarship Opportunities for Georgia Providers
Looking for some financial assistance in completing your CDA Credential? DECAL offers the following scholarship opportunities.
- The CDA Training and Competency Book Scholarship assists approved applicants with a maximum of $740 towards a DECAL State Approved CDA Training and a reimbursement of $35 towards a CDA Competency Book and Shipping costs.
- The CDA Exam Fee Scholarship assists approved applicants with the $425 CDA Council Exam fee.
- The CDA Renewal Scholarship assists approved applicants with a maximum of $150 towards the CDA Council Renewal Exam Fee.
- CDA Test Retake Scholarship assists approved applicants who did not pass their initial CDA Exam with one additional retake.
What are the employment requirements?
You must be a teacher, assistant teacher, director, or assistant director employed and paid by one of the following:
- A child care learning center licensed by DECAL or the Department of Defense.
- An exempt Georgia Head Start center.
- A Georgia Pre-K teacher assistant teacher in a public school.
- A DECAL licensed family child care learning home.
- A DECAL licensed before/after-school program.
You must work a minimum of 15 hours per week in your primary role as a teacher or assistant teacher in an infant, toddler, three-year-old OR Pre-K classroom in the instructional part of the day (before/after school program personnel do not qualify) or 40 hours per week as a director or assistant director. Volunteer work, practicums, and internships do not qualify.
You must be a United States citizen, legal permanent resident, qualified alien, or non-immigrant.
You must be accepted into a formal early childhood education program of study leading to the award of a credential or degree at an eligible institution.
For more information click the link below.
ChildCareEd offers the 120 hours of CDA training required to obtain a CDA Credential. Training is offered for Family Child Care, Preschool, and Infant/Toddler.