In this interactive workshop, you will gain a deeper understanding of:
- Who are Dual Language Learners (DLLs)? We will explore the diverse experiences and needs of DLLs, dispelling common myths and misconceptions.
- Engaging DLLs in your program: Discover research-based strategies to foster language development, literacy, and social-emotional growth in DLLs, using both their home language and English.
- Building strong partnerships with families: Learn effective communication techniques to collaborate with families of DLLs, honoring their cultural values and language practices.
- Creating a culturally responsive environment: Explore ways to celebrate diversity and build a welcoming space where all children feel valued and included.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Define the term "Dual Language Learner" and identify their unique strengths and challenges.
- Implement engaging activities and strategies to support DLLs' language development across all domains.
- Develop effective communication and collaboration strategies with families of DLLs.
- Create a culturally responsive learning environment that celebrates language diversity and promotes inclusion.
Who Should Attend:
This training is designed for family child care providers who want to:
- Expand their knowledge and skills to better support DLLs in their programs.
- Create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for all children.
- Build stronger relationships with families of DLLs.
Join us and build bridges for Dual Language Learners in your family child care program!
- This course can be offered in a variety of formats, including in-person workshops, online webinars, or blended learning models.
- Training materials and resources will be provided to all participants.
We look forward to helping you create a thriving learning environment for all children!