Required Skills, Education, and Experience
This position requires comprehensive knowledge of MSDE-OCC staffing and licensing requirements and a thorough understanding of the behavioral and developmental stages of children. This position requires the ability to manage a large school; strong leadership and organizational skills, patience, flexibility, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong initiative and problem solving skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
* Anticipates staffing needs; identifies and hires the best talent; supervises, coaches, develops and motivates assistant director and school staff.
* Supports orientation and on-going training; monitors and coaches staff in Celebree practices.
* Networks within the community to recruit new families; follows-up with potentials; committed to reaching enrollment goals.
* Provides staff with timely, specific feedback including classroom observations, one-on-ones and performance evaluations.
* Promotes teamwork and enthusiasm; fosters commitment to Celebree mission, vision, and values—protect, educate, nurture.
* Documents effectively; consistent use of company performance management tools/processes.
* Ensures exceptional customer service experiences, e.g., thorough, friendly tours; welcoming environment; accessible for parent meetings, phone calls, etc.; concerns addressed in a timely manner.
* Ensures school is consistently clean, neat and organized and meets visual execution standards; recommends repair work as needed.
* Supports and leads new company initiatives; ensures adaptation of new programs, policies and procedures.
* Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws, MSDE-OCC regulations, and Celebree standards, policies and procedures.
* Plans and supervises school field trips and programs; ensures curriculum is followed appropriately.
* Creates effective staff schedules; maintains accurate and complete employee and child files; regularly performs classroom observations and acts on deficiencies.
* Ensures School financials are up-to-date, accurate and organized.
* Demonstrates accountability and initiative; identifies opportunities/goals for the school.
* Understands payroll and budget control and remains within target; achieves enrollment goals.