Crispus Attucks Children’s Center (CACC) in Dorchester, MA seeks an Executive Director (ED) who is excited to stabilize and grow this longstanding and important early education and care organization.
CACC’s next ED will be a seasoned organizational leader with significant experience as an early education and care professional, capable of leading an organization of CACC’s size. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following capacities:
▪ a seasoned professional knowledgeable about early education and care, with boots-on-the-ground experience in running a large childcare center and managing the details of a state regulatory, compliance environment
▪ a nuanced understanding of the challenges facing a diverse population of children and families living in urban, historically marginalized neighborhoods, and potentially impacted by trauma
▪ experienced with organizational stabilization and has a steady approach to problem-solving and organizational growth and change
▪ a compassionate, collaborative, and supportive employer who values communication and strives to provide flexible, equitable, family-friendly working conditions for all staff, with experience coaching and leveraging talent
▪ a respectful bridge-builder who fosters collaborative relationships with community and education partners, regulators, and funders
▪ an innovative fundraiser who engages creatively with the community and institutional funders to leverage financial support
▪ a skillful and experienced nonprofit administrator who can manage a complex budget with multiple funding streams and maintain efficient systems, working in partnership with an active board of directors
▪ a trusted community ambassador who fosters mutual respect and unity among staff and the families served while serving as the primary ambassador of CACC in the greater community
▪ an entrepreneurial leader who thinks strategically about the role CACC could play long-term in everchanging economic, political, demographic, and technological terrains, and makes thoughtful and brave decisions
▪ a collaborative decision-maker who prioritizes inclusive and transparent practices seeks out the widest diversity of views on the question at hand, listens attentively, and gracefully builds consensus among a wide variety of stakeholders (including staff, families, the Board of Directors, community partners, donors, regulators, and supporters)
▪ an experienced advocate for families and the early education and care field
▪ a flexible and willing team player who happily engages in a wide variety of tasks and enjoys having fun
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with a starting salary range of $150,000 – $170,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. CACC also offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes a contribution to health insurance and dental insurance, and full life insurance coverage. This is a place-based position.